Saturday 5 April 2014

First tattoo -exciting times!

It has always crossed my mind to get a tattoo but I couldn't get it because of fear of the unknown. My friend and I finally decided to get them after a long time of doubt. I was lucky to have had options when I went to the tattoo shop. The one I initially had in mind turned out to bore me and I went for the one I did. The sound of the machine just scared the hell out of me but I was never going to change my mind. It was one of the best experiences of my life...I'll probably do more...we'll see. 
My friend Kefilwe Moadi did a cute dove on her wrist and I did a ribbon on my back. The dove symbolizes her late brother Khutso meaning peace...she is in a state of peace and did the tattoo in remembrance of him.
Well as for me my ribbon symbolizes a lot of things but the one thing i want to share is that I've realized that I can't treasure my achievements in a box but the ribbon on my back is something that will represent the sealing of every achievement in a treasury box (my heart).

If it was possible I would tie them all and put them in a sacred place with beautiful glowing ribbons but I can't, so I've decided to have this as an alternative. I've achieved and I am on a journey to achieve more, therefore I have a sacred place stored with beautiful wrapped achievements that are yet to be discovered. Something has been ticked of my bucket list, this too shall be sealed with a beautiful ribbon and be stored. Such is life :-) and should be lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment