Friday 5 August 2016

Life's meaning


Sometimes we search for meaning in our lives and find ourselves miserable at the fact that we don't even really know the answer to that question. We don't know what our purpose is in life. What do we want here? We study, work and in most cases think our jobs are our passion. Because a job paid the bill we are enclosed in that notion and don't realise that we can achieve greatness. The companies we work for, were also ideas at some point. We always have a voice telling reminding us about our love for something, for me its performing arts and each day something says to me "You are a performer, when are you going to follow that?" "But I can't" I answer.  "I earn a salary, I have things to pay, if I leave my job and pursue this, how will I survive?" I wonder. You see...by just that thinking that, I have already blocked myself.

We postpone our dreams and then later, just when we are about to die we regret not taking risks to do what we really wanted to do. I am that one person who knows that I'm not where I'm supposed to be. I have doubts and I'm dependent on my job that I can't just leave. But you know...doubt is the enemy of progress...trust me.

The reason I am writing this blog is that I saw this lady Phindi Mtyingizane and I thought WOW! Power to natural beauty, power to women empowerment, power to such shows and power to doing what empowers individuals. I'm just inspired.

I don't watch TV as much as I used to since my son took over...So, when I saw 100% Youth on SABC 1 I just felt touched in the heart. Every time I watch the show a question pops out of my mind..."What are you doing?" I am capable and I see these young brilliant people doing these amazing things and I think to myself. "Nothing, I'm just employed" I was inspired to do something for myself. I set a goal and its deadline. Should I not do it the I'm useless and should never write anything about doing something for myself.
The message I got from that episode was that God gave up gifts and talents and what we do with them is up to us.

What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment