Monday 22 August 2016

I'm sad - I didn't get the scholarship

I just wanted to cry after I had received this email. I applied for a scholarship to study Performance and Theatre at Wits University. So, this has always been my dream to study drama and graduate at a university. I wanted to study something I love and I thought this was my second chance in life to do this. I could've studied just after matric but my results were not good enough for a university entrance. I thought this was made for me. I applied, I went for an audition and I did great. But as I thought about what would happen when I got the scholarship, I kinda didn't want it yet. I thought I needed to sort out my finances first and then get an acting job to pay the bills. I then thought, no God will provide. I had mixed emotions about the whole thing. I really wanted this scholarship, on the other hand, I wanted to do drama part time so that I could take care of my family with the money I earn. I think I might have jinxed it for myself, I don't know. I just believe in the law of attraction and I believe I attracted this disappointing email with my thoughts. I'm just sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment