Friday 4 September 2015

Fak'ugesi African Digital Innovation

You choose the years you want to travel.
What if someone told you, you could travel in time? Would you believe them?
I kinda did last night at the Fak'ugesi African Digital Innovation "exhibition" held at Wits Museum.
We have seen movies about time travel, Next and Deja Vu being the first to pop on my mind but there are plenty of those kinds of movies. I'm sure you are thinking of your all time favourite time travel movie right now...

Kefilwe Moadi and Paballo Seipei
Anyways, my friend Kefilwe Moadi invited me to this future innovative technology showcase.  And the one thing that captured my attention was Jepchumba's "Future Selfie" technology system. This is a device that takes you to your future. You basically record a message to yourself in the future and you will get the message obviously in the future. You have an option of sending a message to yourself about Love or Place.

So, I managed to travel through time. I traveled  15 years from now while Kefilwe traveled  20 years. It only took a few seconds, which was sad because I have so much to tell my present self. I chose Love. Its my favourite thing to talk about. I love love and I just wanted to share that with my present self. Filwe managed to speak about both although she was hesitant to speak about love which was cute.

I have a lot to talk about but i don't wana bore you. The important thing is that i traveled through time and this experiment made me think of what I really want in the future. I realised that i needed a lot of things and I have plans i just need to see myself in  15 years time and see if everything was implemented.

Me recording a message to myself in the future.
Hi! I'm Paballo Seipei, I am a time traveler and I sent out my present self a message in my future Surname.  

Kefilwe  recording her message to herself in the future. 
This is one of the showcased technologies that i'll write about soon. 
Philosopher Paballo Seipei on Plants

No comments:

Post a Comment