Tuesday 21 May 2013

Family outing at Hlogi's school


Me and my babies! Hlogi & Bokkie
 
We went to a family fun day/ concert at Hlogi’s school on Saturday. I can’t explain how much fun I had at the school with my boys and sisi! As a mom and aunt I’m proud that I am as active as these little buddies of mine are. Well, not that active but I try. They really enjoy playing with me, mainly because I try to be on the same pace as theirs but my body is sore now, I can’t keep up with their stamina. I just like that when I play with them, a part of them feels like I am a friend and I really don’t mind. I benefit from it. It is an exercise for me.

My sisi, Bokkie and I. Picture taken by Hlogi

Family day proved to be very important to me because it brought back so many childhood memories. It is a special day to many children. It is a day that proves to them how committed a family is in their life. They know from then if they have a strong support system or if they don’t. There is nothing as sad as a family not pitching to any day when it is required to. I remember during my childhood days, if my family never came when they were required to, I would feel very disappointed. I would feel like they never cared for me or that they just didn’t see anything I do at school as important. I wondered and asked myself questions, one of them being: “how the hell could other families make time when my family could not.” It really bothered me and I can imagine what other kids go through when they are disappointed by their families.

You know the "peace pose" is the way to go






I understood from then how important a family’s presence is for Hlogi and how it is going to be for Bokkie when he goes to school. A child is a very sensitive being, his success and achievements are built on a family’s support. From what I saw on Saturday, I realised that the little things in life are very big to children. They need our support to build that confidence in them. If a family is not there to cheer for their child while playing a sport, who do they think should cheer on their behalf? These are the questions I asked myself. I could only imagine how sad and disappointed Hlogi would be if we didn’t go with him to his school.

In life, children will decide what they want when they are old enough to make those decisions. However, when they are young they expect a push in the right direction and that is what family is for. I don’t really have a conclusion but the choice lies on parents and how they would like to see their children grow. While we decide, we must take in to consideration that a child’s spirit can be broken by the little things that parents take for granted. Support is important.
Hlogi and Lebo in a baking contest! 








        
                                                      Chef ala Hlogi


















Chef ala Bokkie






2 comments:

  1. uuuhh my man looks so HOT and cute. Looks like you guys had great fun hey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iyo! We had fun! Even the word fun, can't explain how much fun we had lol. My boys were happy and that's important to me.

      Delete