Thursday 11 July 2013

Paballo is no superwoman – Financial difficulties



Longing for someone's life, which looks more glamorous that yours.
Sometimes in life we experience moments where we feel like our lives are a child’s play, especially when comparing it to that of a peer, which looks like an even better achievement than what we have achieved. We feel like giving it all up and let life be, but how realistic is that? Not a good reality, unless if we have banks full of money or won the lottery. It will remain quite a big fantasy.

As someone who has had some kind of financial difficulties, I wake up at times and wish every struggle was just a bad dream I could simply wake up from and bypass.  The reality is that, I can’t satisfy most of my financial needs because they are a lot! I’ve actually had a list of things planned to be achieved by the end of this year but the more the months pass, new things emerge and the more I postpone.  I really am no superwoman to achieve everything by the planned time. It sucks big time!

The one thing that I can say I am proud of though, is that I have registered with UNISA and I am registering for my other subjects this semester. Truth be told, I was about to give up on the studies. The money is too much and the pressure I have been under has left me with little hope. I thought I had failed but actually passed. This is the wake-up call I needed, to realise that it wasn’t a waste of time but an investment. I have put a lot of things on hold that would make my life a lot more fun and stress less, like buying clothes, doing my hair, going out and renovating my bedroom. I guess these things can wait, the struggle shall continue, I’ll continue with the studies and carry on saving for the “to-achieve list” especially for that R6999 canon camera that I want badly! #Sigh Paballo is no Oprah Winfrey with a money tree.

I need this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment