Thursday 25 October 2012

Embarking on a journey of nature

I recently cut my hair and my cousin who is also my hairstylist is very angry at me. Boy I have to convince her to work with my new look. After all, I am more comfortable with me being natural than anything else. Natural is the new cool!!!
Prior to cutting and relaxing my hair, I had dreads and I loved them! So when I had my son, my family insisted I cut my hair as a traditional means of doing things after a first born baby. Apparently if I didn’t cut my hair my son would go blind. As much as I didn’t believe this, I also didn’t want to test it so I cut the hair anyways.
Relax is not my thing, I am a natural babe and that is why I cut my relaxed hair. This natural journey that I am travelling is going to be long but interesting. I have so much hairstyles to do. I just hope my cousin will have the passion and time to do them.
With that said and done. I am motivated by my quote which goes, “Natural is the only beauty I possess. I look at myself and shout ‘I am an African’. People look at me and their minds automatically go, ‘She is a natural’.”

2 comments:

  1. Nice..Well u know what, a number of women should also embark on the same journey!..Weaves and all those things are so not them! Nature is the key!...And if they do, fellas like Me will surely knock at their doors....One of them of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends will be pleased to hear that from a man. A majority of them are natural, not that they are many but they embrace being natural. If we all had the same mentality, the world would be one natural place

    ReplyDelete